17 Statements That Mean Something Completely Different To Plus-Size Women - Buzzfeed News Music

Monday, April 6, 2015

17 Statements That Mean Something Completely Different To Plus-Size Women

“I’m just worried about your health.” Are you my doctor?


Hi. Fiercely curvy gal here. Apparently there's been some confusion over what you should and shouldn't say to your plus-size friends.


Hi. Fiercely curvy gal here. Apparently there's been some confusion over what you should and shouldn't say to your plus-size friends.


Macey J. Foronda/ BuzzFeed


Well, I'm here to try to help you out. Now, I'm not saying I speak for all plus-size girls out there. Heck, some of us don't even like to be called plus-size. But I do feel like I speak for at least a fraction of us so I'm gonna go ahead and say this: Sometimes people say stuff to us that fucking sucks.


There. I said it. It doesn't matter if the person is not trying to be mean or condescending, it can still come off that way. And no, I'm not being "oversensitive" today. I'm just saying, it's nice to be treated somewhat like a human being every now and then.


So let's go on this journey, I promise I won't bite — unless you're holding cake. HAHA FAT JOKES OK WE ALL GET ONE.



MTV


What you say: "Wow, you're soooo confident with your body."

What we hear: "Wow, it's amazing how you choose to live life somewhat happily even though you're fat."




View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment