Here's What Happened When I Made A Three-Course Meal Using Just A Microwave - Buzzfeed News Music

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Here's What Happened When I Made A Three-Course Meal Using Just A Microwave

It was a total disaster.

She's looking at books; I'm trying to find a shirt or three. "Morenike!" she shouts. There are only four people in the shop, including the shop assistant and ourselves. And I'm standing about three feet away from my mum. She's holding a book, which she delightedly thrusts at me. "This will be really good for you to take to uni," she says. "I'll get it for you."

Written by Joan Hood, the rhetorically titled book Will It Microwave? was published in 1986.

Written by Joan Hood, the rhetorically titled book Will It Microwave? was published in 1986.

Littlehampton Book Services / Laura Gallant / BuzzFeed

In the mid-'80s, microwaves were quickly becoming a standard household appliance, making this book a must-have. Unfortunately, the book never made it into the kitchen during my time at university, remaining in a never-unpacked box of books… Until now.

For the starter, I made the “Cucumber and Yoghurt Soup”.

For the starter, I made the “Cucumber and Yoghurt Soup”.

Laura Gallant/BuzzFeed


View Entire List ›

No comments:

Post a Comment